The Pyramid Society Staff is ready to assist you with questions about your horses and with pedigree verification. You may begin the process of verifying your horses as Straight Egyptian or Egyptian-Sired by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (859) 231-0771.
Pyramid Society Definitions
To qualify as a Straight Egyptian, as defined by The Pyramid Society, a horse must:
- Be registered or eligible by pedigree for registration by the Arabian Horse Registry of America AND
- Trace in every line of its pedigree to horses born in Arabia Deserta; AND
- Trace in every line of its pedigree to a horse which falls within one or more of the following categories:
- (a) owned or bred by Abbas Pasha I or Ali Pasha Sherif;
- (b) used to create and maintain the Royal Agricultural Society (RAS) / Egyptian Agricultural Organization (EAO) breeding programs, with the exclusion of Registan and Sharkasi and their lineal descendants;
- (c) a horse which was a lineal ancestor of a horse described in (a) or (b) above; OR
- (d) other than those excluded above, a horse conceived and born in a private stud program in Egypt and imported directly to the United States and registered by the Arabian Horse Registry of America prior to the extension of the EAO's supervision to private Egyptian stud programs as reflected in Volume 4 of the EAO's Stud Book.
To be recognized as Egyptian-Sired, as defined by The Pyramid Society, a horse must be a purebred Arabian who is produced by breeding a Straight Egyptian stallion to a purebred Arabian mare who is not Straight Egyptian.
Prior to 2005, The Pyramid Society also recognized a category of horses as Egyptian-Bred or Egyptian-Related. As defined by The Pyramid Society, an Egyptian-Bred or Egyptian-Related horse was one who was produced either by breeding a Straight Egyptian stallion to a purebred Arabian mare who was not Straight Egyptian OR one whose grandsires were both Straight Egyptian, and whose dam was purebred Arabian who was not Straight Egyptian.
All horses born prior to 2005 and meeting the definition of Egyptian-Bred/Related are eligible for certain Society-managed programs through the remainder of their lifetimes. However, beginning with foals born in 2005, this category has not been recognized by The Pyramid Society. Horses fitting the description of Egyptian-Sired are recognized as such regardless of their birthdate.
Only horses of certifiable ancestry are eligible for classification as Straight Egyptian or Egyptian-Sired or Egyptian-Bred/Egyptian-Related as defined by The Pyramid Society, and for participation in Society-managed programs.